2.24.2006

Michel Gondry (as interviewed by WIRED Magazine, discussing the use of CGI in film)

From WIred Issue 14.03, March 2006, ©2006 by The Condé Nast Publications

W: “There must be some visual effects in your upcoming adaptation of Rudy Rucker's Master of Space and Time.

Gondry: “I’m looking to create a visual sequence of the Big Bang, not with CGI but using perhaps the most complex images ever made without a computer. If I do use CGI, it would be combined with images shot in a different way. I also want to design a car where the universe is inside it, and the inside of the car is on the outside.”

W: “That sounds like a videogame.”

Gondry: “I stopped my son from playing videogames, and he began to develop all kinds of creative skills. It’s human to seek out the quickest reward, but if you get the reward immediately, you don't go anywhere else. You learn that the delayed reward is more rewarding.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Marco Siegel-Acevedo said...

It would, at the very least, help solve the housing/commuting problem, no?

Complex might mean, in his case, really really busy. Or repetitive.

Wasn't the Stargate sequence at the end of 2001 supposed to be a version of the Big Bang? I don't think a computer was used, or if it was, it was in a relatively primitive capacity. Still a great sequence, I think.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home